Sadako and the thousand paper cranes

Book review:

Sadako and the thousand paper cranes is a true story. It’s happened in Japan. Well once a long time ago in Japan an Atom Bomb fell. There was a girl called Sadako and she got the deseise from the Atom Bomb called Leukaemia. Leukaemia is a blood deseise. But there was a saying about a sick person here is the saying “If a sick persom folds a thousand paper cranes they will be better again and the gods will grant your wish”. Sadako was very interested in her good luck charms suck as Spiders and Turtle Doves are good luck charms in Japan. Sadakos mum stayed up late one night sewing her a cherry blossom comodo. A couple of nights after that Sadako died on  October 25 1955.

I liked that Sadako was sporty and active she was a true athlete. I didn’t like that Sadako had leukaemia. I recommend Sadako and the thousand paper cranes for grade fives and older.

Here is some photos of Sadako.                                   Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 12.04.10 PMScreen Shot 2015-02-23 at 12.05.38 PMScreen Shot 2015-02-23 at 12.11.49 PM

One thought on “Sadako and the thousand paper cranes

1. Kayla, great review, if you could choose how to celebrate Sadako in any way what would you do? Would you make Cranes as well or something different?